Trouble with Cygrunsrv

From: "George Weaver" <georgew1(at)mts(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trouble with Cygrunsrv
Date: 2003-01-09 16:35:06
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I am trying to install the Postmaster as a service using Cygrunsrv on an XP system.

I am used:

cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /bin/postmaster --args "-l log -o -i" --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT --shutdown

which installed the service.

When I try and start the service, it shows the service starting but then it stops and I get the following message:

"The postmaster service on Local Computer started and then stopped."

Can someone tell me what I've missed?

When I view the Properties of the "postmaster" service in the Windows Control Panel link to Services, it shows the "Path to Executable" as "c:\cygwin\bin\cygrunsrv.exe". Should this be?

TIA

George Weaver