Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "Roy Souther" <roy(at)SiliconTao(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?
Date: 2005-06-27 17:31:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

----- Original Message -----
From: Roy Souther
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 1:16 PM
Subject: [SQL] How can I simply substatue a value in a query?

I want to do a simple substatution of a value in a query. For example I have a boolean field that wil return t or f for True and False. I would like it to return Yes or No. I don't want to have a 2x2 table to look up the output. I don't want to use stored procedue.

I think there is a better way, somthing very simple but I cannot remember what it is.

See CASE:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-conditional.html#AEN12006

Sean