Re: Best security practices for installing pgSQL with my software

From: "Greg" <greg(at)officium(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best security practices for installing pgSQL with my software
Date: 2006-06-12 09:50:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Harald,

The program will have a database on the local PC, and be able to connect to
the server database as well. Eventually they will synchronise the email,
contacts etc.

I need the database on the local PC so the user can take their PC/laptop
home and still work.

Do you think a direct connection to the database port using SSL will be
suitable for this kind of scenario?