Re: Postgresql Instability 2

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: "planx plnetx" <planetx2100(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Instability 2
Date: 2000-05-25 03:07:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 24 May 2000, planx plnetx wrote:

> I need urgently a solution... because I am planning to create an
> informatical system in my enterprise based on postgresql7.0 and a gnome
> application written in C (PS: the libpq are great! simply and powerfull!!)
> for get the ISO-9002 certification!
>
> please Help Meaaaaah!

Download the latest RPM's for RedHat 6.x from
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.0/redhat-RPM and see if you can get
those to work (rpm -Uvh, as you may have an older RPM installation doing funny
things to you). Read /usr/doc/postgresql-7.0/README.rpm after installation for
important information.

Very strange things happen if you run a standard source tarball installation of
PostgreSQL on a RedHat or Mandrake Linux system with an older RPM already
installed.

Run 'rpm -qa|grep postgresql' to see if you have postgresql RPM's installed.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio