Re: BUG #16221: ERROR while importing Plpython , pltcl

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16221: ERROR while importing Plpython , pltcl
Date: 2020-01-21 08:53:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 8:35 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 16221
> Logged by: kalyan singh
> Email address: kalyan(dot)singh(at)capgemini(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 11.0
> Operating system: WINDOWS 10
>
> We are trying to import “plpythonu” in postgresql but when running the
> below query we are getting an error:-
> CREATE EXTENSION plpythonu
> ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/11/lib/plpython2.dll": The specified module could not be
> found.
> Although I have “plpython2.dll” is there in the same location.
> I have tried CREATE EXTENSION plpythonu3 getting same error although I have
> all the .control file in the expected location.
> I have also tried to import pltcl but getting same error.
> My python version is -3.8
>
> Can you please help us to overcome this issue.
> Need this because we need to send mail through a procedure in postgresql.

If all the files are present in the expected location, this is
probably due to wrong privilege access on the files, or some antivirus
preventing postgres from loading the libs. Have you tried after
disabling the antivirus or configuring an exception for the postgres'
directories?