General Q's

From: "David" <david(dot)brown(at)eclipseconsult(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: General Q's
Date: 2007-12-12 16:54:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I have some questions regarding pgsql and how it may apply to other open
source software. Could you advise which forum is best suited to answer
these questions.

Background

I am undertaking a development which typically relies on the type of
functionality that can be found at Joomla (www.joomla.com
<http://www.joomla.com/> ) and Drupel (www.drupel.com
<http://www.drupel.com/> ) - account management, user content development,
social networking, etc. I want to have it developed using Postgsql and NOT
MySql due to the inherent scalability of Postgsql.

Both Joomla / Drupal are making their databases work with Postgsql using an
abstraction layer.

Questions - re MySQL/ Postgresql/Joomla/Drupel

Could you advise on the following?

* Is there a project to create MySQL compatibility for Postgresql? I
am not technical so you will need to explain as if I am a 3-year old!
* What other Open Source solutions which support the similar type of
functionality found on Joomla and Drupal work with Postgresql?

David Brown

Eclipse Consulting

M (UK) +447939544481

F (UK) +442071932590

E: david(dot)brown(at)eclipseconsult(dot)co(dot)uk