Re: PG 7.0.2 Install

From: teg(at)redhat(dot)com (Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=)
To: Nils Zonneveld <nils(at)casema(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 7.0.2 Install
Date: 2000-08-29 18:48:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Nils Zonneveld <nils(at)casema(dot)net> writes:

> > While running the *correct* rpm (SRPM: postgresql-7_0_2-1_src.rpm), it keeps
> > failing. It appears to be trying to implement the python interface, but the
> > required config directory with the make file is missing off the
> > file system.

You probably need python-devel. I've fixed that (added as a
build-prereq), and I believe Lamar will sync.

> > I don't need the python interface, but am not sure how to get around this so
> > that I can have a successful build

Right now, you can't. It's possible to make things like building
without certain libraries, but it isn't done for the postgresql RPM.
Lamar, if you want to look at that, take a look at the pine RPM which
does this for LDAP and Kerberos.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.