Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems

From: teg(at)redhat(dot)com (Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=)
To: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Date: 2001-05-04 13:33:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com> writes:

> I have looked at Reiser, and I don't think it is a file system suited for very
> large files, or applications such as postgres.

What's the problem with big files? ReiserFS v2 doesn't seem to support
it, while v3 seems just fine (of the ondisk format)

That said, I'm certainly looking forward to xfs - I believe it will be
the most widely used of the current batch of journaling file systems
(reiserfs, jfs, XFS and ext3, the latter mainly focusing on an easy
migration path for existing system)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.