Re: JDBC support

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "Ray S(dot) Cunningham" <rcunningham(at)ispring(dot)com>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC support
Date: 2000-08-29 14:20:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:

> > I could not locate the JDBC driver in the download area of your website.
> > All I see is the ODBC driver. When you say you offer a JDBC connection
> > interface, do you mean only JDBC-ODBC bridge? If so, when will you offer a
> > native JDBC driver? Thanks.
>
> We have a native JDBC driver. It is included in the distribution

Strictly speaking in JDBC terms the JDBC driver supplied with PostgreSQL is
not native. A JDBC native driver would have been implemented using C/C++
native code. The portable all Java driver supplied with PostgreSQL is a
more robust and reliable solution than most drivers relying on native
code...

regards,

Gunnar