Re: walreceiver is uninterruptible on win32

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: walreceiver is uninterruptible on win32
Date: 2010-04-06 12:25:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> More to the point, I'm not sure I like the creation of yet another DLL
>> to deal with this. The reason this isn't just exported from the main
>> backend is the same reason we created the libpqwalreceiver library I'm
>> sure - bt that means we already have one.
>>
>> How about we just use this same source file, but compile and link it
>> directly into both dblink and libpqwalreceiver? That'd leave us with
>> one DLL less, making life easier.
>
> ISTM that we cannot compile dblink using USE_PGXS=1, if that DLL doesn't
> exist in the installation directory. No?

I might have misinterpreted your point. You mean that the same source
file defining something like pgwin32_PQexec should be placed in both
contrib/dblink and src/backend/replication/libpqwalreceiver? If so,
we can compile dblink using USE_PGXS without the DLL.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center