Re: Triggers

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rob <rob(at)obsidian(dot)co(dot)za>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Triggers
Date: 2002-02-11 16:41:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Rob,

> I have a trigger on a table called stock_count (which has a column
> barcode) which needs to update a value in a table called
> theoretical_stock_count on either an insert,
> update or delete. However, I need to pass the barcode of the
> inserted/updated/deleted row to the function I am calling. Is there
> any
> way to do this?

Within the Update or Delete trigger, the bar code of the original row
is available as OLD.barcode. For Update and Insert triggers, the new
record's barcode is available as NEW.barcode.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533