Re: seleting all dates between two dates

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Jeff Barrett" <jbarrett(at)familynetwork(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: seleting all dates between two dates
Date: 2001-06-06 15:53:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jeff,

> I am interested in a query where I can select all dates between two
> dates. I
> figure I can build a table of all valid dates with a resonable range
> and
> then select from that table, but I would like to use the power of sql
> to get
> the work done without building a date table. Any ideas?
>
> For example:
> I want all dates between 05-29-2001 and 06-02-2001
> The result set would be:
> 05-30-2001
> 05-31-2001
> 06-01-2001

If you browse last week's postings, you will find a thread called "SQL
Date Challenge" with that very issue. The answer, in short, is that you
can't do it in SQL. Your choices are to build the reference table, or
to use and external procedural language (such as Perl).

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533