Re: Diferent databases on same query...

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Horst Herb <hherb(at)malleenet(dot)net(dot)au>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Diferent databases on same query...
Date: 2001-10-26 16:44:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Horst,

> There are many more good reasons to do so. Example from my own
> domain,
> medicine:
> Thus, we have multiple databases on multiple servers all depending on
> each
> other.

Your reasons all make sense. What you need is not inter-database
queries but a robust middleware layer, such as J2EE. Your sort of
situation is why middleware exists.

If GreatBridge was still around, I'd reccommend you contact them, as I
knwo they implemented a solution for your sort of situation. However, I
don't know who'd do it now.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533