Error explaination?

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error explaination?
Date: 2001-04-25 19:15:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Folks,

I have a fuction that creates a record in a table called user_locks,
does a bunch of stuff, then deletes the record. However, when I try to
run it, I get the following error:

ERROR: triggered data change violation on relation "user_locks"

It appears that the function handler won't let me create, then delete
the same record. What goes on?

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533