Function Vanished

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function Vanished
Date: 2001-03-26 19:55:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom, Jan,

I've already contacted PGSQL Inc. support about this, but I thought
that you might have some immediate insight.

I'm using 7.1 Beta 3, which has been pretty stable up until now. This
morning, I went to export a function I spent 5 hours debugging on on
Friday to text so that I could have a copy of the final version. To my
horror, the function was GONE from the system catalog (pg_proc). I have
not run VACUUM on the database anytime recently ... is there any
possibility that my function is still present as a "deleted" row?

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533