Re: Categories and subcategories

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Rachel Coin" <rachel(at)derniere-minute(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Categories and subcategories
Date: 2001-03-20 15:44:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Rachel,

> I have two tables : the first for categories and the second for
> subcategories.I want to get a result like Yahoo! For each category ,
> the sql
> query must return maximum 3 subcategories. I can't use "limit" in a
> subquery
> because I use Postgresql 7.0.

I can think of several ways to do this, but they all depend on what
display results you're trying to get. Perhaps you could post some
simplified tabledefs, and the result you want to see?

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533