Re: List Concatination

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: dev(at)archonet(dot)com, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List Concatination
Date: 2001-03-16 16:40:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

Richard,

> Sorry - issue was to do with the ordering of the concatenation, not
> the
> user-defined aggregates (iirc - it's getting late here).
>
> I do remember I got different orders when selecting and updating. In
> my
> case it didn't matter, and I'm guessing if the order reverses in your
> case when 8.x is released it's not the end of the world either.

As I said in my previous e-mail, I appear to have gotten the list to
order itself by basing it on an (ordered) sub-select. Since the DB is
only 50% populated right now, I'm not sure that's working perfectly but
I'll keep you posted.

> If
> you
> were joining words in a sentence, obviously it would matter (unless
> you
> were on usenet ;-)

illiterate posters newsgroup most calling you are?

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533