Re: Editor for pgsql

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Elielson Fontanezi <ElielsonF(at)prodam(dot)sp(dot)gov(dot)br>, pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Editor for pgsql
Date: 2002-07-22 16:27:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Elielson,

> Maybe every DBA knows that there is a good shareware to editing
> Oracle PL/SQL programs
> named PL/SQL Developer.
> I'd like to know if someone knows something near to this software
> for Postgres pgSQL.

No such program, currently.

PGAccess, slated for re-release with a overhaul and new version in
September, will have somewhat enhanced Function Editing ability.
However, nothing on the scale of PL/SQL Developer.

Me, I use Kate, an MDI text editor from the KDE crew, and CVS for
version control. Thanks, KDE guys! But, after 3 years of Postgres,
I'm pretty fluent in PL/pgSQL. I even double-quote without thinking
about it.

You might want to send an e-mail to ActiveState suggesting that they
could take on SQL script dialects (SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL and
4GL) as a new ActiveState IDE. Make sure they know you're willing to
pay for development software.

-Josh Berkus