Re: MS Access problems

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Access problems
Date: 2000-08-19 00:52:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Mr. Nanni,

> The problems are:
> 1. when linking a table, Access is unable to find
> automatically the
> primary key and raises a dialog asking me to specify
> it.

This is an MS Access problem. Access is rarely able to
automatically discern primary or foriegn keys in ODBC
databases. I have the same problem with attaching MS SQL
Server tables, which are supposedly 100% compatible.

> 2. Access is unable to discover automatically
> relations and foreign keys in the database.

See Above.

You're going to have to settle for specifying the primary
key on creation of the linked table, and re-creating the
foriegn keys on the client side, or simply coding in the
referential integrity.

-Josh Berkus