"Unrecognized variable client_encoding"

From: Michelle Murrain <mpm(at)norwottuck(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Unrecognized variable client_encoding"
Date: 2000-09-06 14:35:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks,

Have a new install on Red Hat 6.2. Everything compiled fine, and
seems to work OK. But when I created a new user, I got this error,
although the user was created fine, and seems to work fine. When I
create a database, I also get this error, but again, it seems to work
fine. I haven't actually tried to do much yet - I've got a database
to re-create - but I wanted to know if this was something that will
be a problem, or I should just ignore it.

Thanks.

Michelle
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
President, Norwottuck Technology Resources
mpm(at)norwottuck(dot)com
www.norwottuck.com