Timezone conversion

From: Jeff Boes <jboes(at)qtm(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timezone conversion
Date: 2003-02-14 01:04:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is there a straightforward way to change the display of a time to another
timezone? For example, my server's environment is EST (-0500); I want to
convert timestamps for display in PST (-0800). What I've been doing is to use a
Pl/Pgsql function to subtract the current timezone-offset and add in the desired
one. Is there a way to do it without arithmetic?