Re: how to create multiple databases running in different dirs

From: "frank ernest" <doark(at)mail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to create multiple databases running in different dirs
Date: 2014-07-02 23:24:34
Lists: pgsql-general

&gt; previous instance its &#39;predecessor&#39; was ?</div>

&gt; the applications share the same database tables and such.</div>

That&#39;s the problem, is there some way to tell pgsql &quot;Go to dir X, open your data base Y and prepare for connections at adress Z and port P&quot;? And could pgsql accept multiple connections on the same address and port? I was thinking of using my pID but that would change and if I used a user created string then if I started only on a single instace of pgsql and pointed it to it&#39;s databases the user might get the strings duplicated and that would be no good. I also thought of naming each database with a name generated by using the uuid library but I&#39;m not sure which would be best.</div>

&gt; database? No data from any other run of the application?</div>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.7 KB