Re: Intermittent bug

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Intermittent bug
Date: 2004-11-25 16:32:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>What life span does the context->multi_call_memory_context have in case
>>of IMMUTABLE functions that returns SETOF?
>>

>It should be long enough. What's your test case exactly?

It's my PL/Java test framework that fails so it's a bit complex but if
I'm right, any immutable, set-returning function that allocates stuff in
multi_call_memory_context at first call and then reused it, should show
the same problem.

I do have a way of logging MemoryContext termination by replacing the
function pointer used for context delete with an interceptor that does
elog(DEBUG1). I'll see if I can prove that it actually get's deleted
between rows. If it does, perhaps I can find the time to write a sample.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren