Formatting date question

From: "Linn Kubler" <LKubler(at)ecw(dot)org>
To: < <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>>
Subject: Formatting date question
Date: 2002-08-22 21:11:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm using a database program to query my postgres backend and I'm
trying to convert a timestamp to a date for display purposes. In psql I
can use to_char() and it works fine but that command doesn't work in my
database applications sql select statement, just gives a syntax error.
Of course if I try using the similar command from the database
application the query fails. I'm using Visual Fox Pro via odbc, they
call it sql passthru.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Linn