Re: Dump Problem - Never Mind

From: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dump Problem - Never Mind
Date: 2002-02-22 18:22:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Never mind, I found this in the archives...

------

Leonid <leo(at)rusmedia(dot)net> writes:
> pg_dump failed with message
> getTables(): SELECT (for VIEW DEFINITION) failed.
> Explanation from backend: ERROR: cache lookup for proc 372947 failed

> Where I should dig?

You have a view that refers to a function that no longer exists.

Philip: seems like it would be helpful if this pg_dump message mentioned
*which* viewname it was failing on. There are other cases where more
info could be reported, too...

regards, tom lane

-----

It turns out I only have one view that calls a function. I dropped that view, and did my dump. Then, curiously, I re-created the view, and dumped again with no problem. The function was always there. I don't know if the view worked, I forgot to check.
<snip lame lazy question>

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department