Re: Help with Install on Solaris 10

From: "Neil Verkland" <VerklandN(at)macewan(dot)ca>
To: "Neil Verkland" <VerklandN(at)macewan(dot)ca>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with Install on Solaris 10
Date: 2005-08-15 19:34:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

A couple of notes in case anyone else is trying this:

a) Use the Solaris freeware distribution for GTK2+
b) update your crle with the /usr/sfw/lib directory (I also added
/opt/sfw/lib and a few others for good measure)
b) Add the --disable-gtktest option to your configure line for
wxWidgits (still enables GTK just disables the test), unless you can
figure out why configure can't link/compile the test program.
c) Sed all Makefiles to remove "-tm" as a gcc compile option using the
following script inside the wxWidets-2.6.1 directory (directory where
you extracted the src-tar ball)

for i in `find ./ -name Makefile`; do
if [ x"`grep -lv "\-tm" $i`" != "x" ]; then
mv $i $i.old
sed /"\-tm "/""/g $i.old >> $i
fi
done

Neil S. Verkland, B.Sc.C.S.
Manager, Learning and Information Systems
Grant MacEwan College

>>> "Neil Verkland" <VerklandN(at)macewan(dot)ca> 8/15/2005 11:29:56 AM >>>

When I install wxWidgets everything seemed to go fine. Then when I
compile PGAdmin3 1.2.2 I get:

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
gethostbyname pgConn.o (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_addr pgConn.o (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_ntoa pgConn.o (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to pgadmin3
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [pgadmin3] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone had experience with this error? I can't believe that
gethostbyname is unresolvable.

I see that my libs are there and I have even updated my windex:
man -k gethostbyname:
endhostent gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
gethostbyaddr gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
gethostbyaddr_r gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
gethostbyname endhostent (3xnet) - network host database functions
gethostbyname gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
gethostbyname_r gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
gethostent gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
gethostent_r gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry
sethostent gethostbyname (3nsl) - get network host entry

*-

I did make the mistake of trying to compile once before having
installed STC and OGL, but I corrected that. While making that mistake,
I arbitrarily copied over the entire headers folder from wxWidgets into
/usr/local/wx-<ver>/wx/include. Unfortunately, now I don't know what to
delete but that shouldn't cause this problem should it?