Which newsgroup is best for PostgreSQL under Cygwin?

From: peter(at)helpnet_BUT_NOT_SPAM(dot)com(dot)au
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Which newsgroup is best for PostgreSQL under Cygwin?
Date: 2002-02-20 23:22:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I installed PostgreSQL 7.1 in NT then installed Cygwin then found
Cygwin contained PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL worked but the install was
long and needed lots of things not in the documentations. Later I
deleted PostgreSQL and Cygwin because the project was finished and the
result moved to a production server.

Now I am trying to install PostgreSQL 7.2 so I can try SQL-ledger.
This time I tried the Cygwin approach. None of the documentation
works. There are many sets of incomplete notes in different files.
Each refers to another file. It seems impossible to either follow the
NT documentation or to install Cygwin then follow the Unix
documentation.

Does anyone use the Cygwin install or does everyone install the
PostgreSQL Win32 download? Where do the PostgreSQL NT users hang out?