Problems with Datacard, psqlodbc, oledb, and the Microsoft OLEDB->ODBC bridge

From: Al Balmer <albalmer(at)att(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with Datacard, psqlodbc, oledb, and the Microsoft OLEDB->ODBC bridge
Date: 2006-12-14 19:29:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Has anyone used PostgreSQL with Datacard ID Works version 5? We tested
version 4 successfully, but version 5 uses OLEDB, and we haven't found
a setup which works. We've tried both the OLEDB driver, version 1, and
the Microsoft OLEDB->ODBC bridge with the latest ODBC driver.

The design application connects and works fine. We get a execution
exception when starting up the production application. I know, that
means that Datacard has a bug at least in handling whatever problem it
sees, but we're hoping there's a known workaround.

PS: testing with MS Excel and the OLEDB driver also produces an
execution exception.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ