Re: max timestamp

From: "boyd (remove_) tb_moore_(at)bealenet_(dot)com" <HeWillRejoice(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: max timestamp
Date: 2004-02-10 19:50:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

Michael Sterling wrote:
> i'm trying to get the max time stamp, from each day, of a range of
> dates, not just the max time stamp for the complete range dates but
> for each day.

I don't trust the news client I was using. So will answer again from
the Netscape version; This worked for me:

I have a table, sis, with schema:
Table "sis"
Column | Type | Modifiers
time | timestamp with time zone |
stat10 | integer |
ipf10 | real |
ipf30 | integer |

select date_part ( 'doy',time ) as jday, max ( time ) from sis group by jday

(doy means day of year, which I called jday)

Boyd