Re: Schema's, roles and privileges

From: Harald Fuchs <hari(dot)fuchs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema's, roles and privileges
Date: 2009-11-30 17:51:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

In article <200911300708(dot)12397(dot)aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>,
Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net> writes:

> From a quick look it would seem the easiest solution would be to change the
> search_path in:
> citext.sql.in
> uuid-ossp.sql.in
> These files are found in the respective contrib directories. Uninstall the
> modules. Rerun make and then reinstall.

FWIW:

I also manage some databases needing one or more contrib/pgfoundry
modules. By habit, I install each module in its own schema (with read
access to everybody and write access to nobody) - this helps to
distinguish between your own DDL and the DDL of helper modules. For
example:

CREATE SCHEMA prefix;
SET search_path = mymodule;
\i path_to/mymodule.sql
ALTER DATABASE mydb SET search_path = public, mymodule;

The SQL files of a few modules mess with the search_path themselves;
this can be fixed by editing a copy of <module>.sql and \inserting the
copy.