pg_dumpall dies

From: Henrik Farre <look(at)my(dot)signature(dot)txt>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dumpall dies
Date: 2004-02-18 21:17:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I just been choosen as sys adm on a small network. We have a old Sun Ultra
1 running postgresql 7.1.3. I would like to migrate the database to a new
machine and a newer version of postgresql. But when I run the pg_dumpall
command I get the followering error, after a while:

WARNING: owner of type 'counter' appears to be invalid
dumpRules(): SELECT failed for rules associated with table "counter".
Explanation from backend: 'pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
before or while processing the request.
'.
pg_dump failed on obeladmin, exiting

"counter" is a sequence and it's owner is postgres

Any help is appreciated

--
Mvh. / Kind regards
Henrik Farre