Re: Executing SQL commands via triggers without the use of procedures

From: "fabio" <penguin(at)email(dot)it>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Executing SQL commands via triggers without the use of procedures
Date: 2003-03-26 23:04:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Having scoured the relevant documentation I cannot find anything which indi=
> cates how I simply create a database trigger to insert into a second table =
> after insert on a first table, without the use of a procedure. As I do not=
> want return values etc. this seems like overkill. Is it possible to creat=
> e a trigger which executes SQL directly without the need to create a proced=
> ure? If so, what is the syntax?

hello! I had the same problem, is possible to solve it with a rules but
depend. In my db i used a trigger because,i have multiple insert in
cascade and the rules dont handle this

manual for trigger procedure:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=plpgsql-trigger.html

trigger vs rules