Re: Standalone backends run StartupXLOG in an incorrect environment

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Standalone backends run StartupXLOG in an incorrect environment
Date: 2010-04-19 15:00:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for the reply;  9.0 open item removed.
>>
>> I think you misread his reply.  Please put that back.
>
> OK,  I re-read it and still don't understand, but I don't have to.

I re-read it too and I don't understand either. This is LISTED as an
open item for 9.0, but it is apparently not a new regression, so I
think we should move it to the Todo list instead. This problem was
discovered six months ago, is not a new regression, and there is
apparently no movement toward a fix, so it doesn't make sense to me
that we should hold up either 9.0 beta or 9.0 final on account of it.
Or am I confused?

....Robert