Re: hundreds of millions row dBs

From: Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hundreds of millions row dBs
Date: 2005-01-05 00:20:50
Lists: pgsql-general

To speed up load :
- make less checkpoints (tweak checkpoint interval and other parameters
in config)
- disable fsync (not sure if it really helps)
- have source data, database tables, and log on three physically
different disks
- have the temporary on a different disk too, or in ramdisk
- gunzip while restoring to read less data from the disk