Re: Protection from SQL injection

From: PFC <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Protection from SQL injection
Date: 2008-05-01 16:33:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Sure, modifying the WHERE clause is still possible, but the attacker is
> a lot more limited in what he can do if he can't tack on a whole new
> command.

I hacked into a site like that some day to show a guy that you shouldn't
trust magicquotes (especially when you switch hosting providers and it's
not installed at your new provider, lol).
Binary search on the password field by adding some stuff to the WHERE...
You could still wipe out tables (just add a "' OR 1;--" to the id in the
url to delete somthing...

But it's true that preventing multi-statements adds a layer of
idiot-proofness... a rather thin layer...