Re: pg 8.0.1-r3 killls pgadmin3 and phppgadmin

From: PFC <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg 8.0.1-r3 killls pgadmin3 and phppgadmin
Date: 2005-04-11 08:48:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

> Hmm; the only occurrence of that string in the sources is in
> nodes/read.c, which AFAIK would never be invoked for a query entered
> straight from the client. What could trigger it would be trying to
> read a rule that is misformatted for some reason. Maybe you have
> a damaged pg_user view definition --- does "select * from pg_user"
> fail the same way?

I installed pg 8.0.0 over 8.0.1-r3 (without touching the data directory)
and then it worked again, so I don't think it has to do with the data
being broken. I didn't do createdb or anything. I used gentoo emerge.

If you need it for debug, I can reinstall 8.0.1-r3 and see if it still
fails.
Can you get phppgadmin to work on this latest version ?

Thank you,
P.F. Caillaud