Which JDK to build jdbc1 driver on Linux?

From: Rene Pijlman <rpijlman(at)wanadoo(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Which JDK to build jdbc1 driver on Linux?
Date: 2001-08-13 20:08:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

What's the recommended JDK to build the jdbc1 version of the
driver on Linux? This is for test driving the driver.

I guess it will have to be one from
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/ports.html, since AFAIK Sun
hasn't released Linux ports of the older JDK's.

But which one? Should I just take the latest pre-Java2 release
that's available on Linux (1.1.8)? Or should I take the oldest
(1.0.2.) to test the driver for maximum compatibility?

Regards,
René Pijlman