Backend trouble?

From: "Damond Walker" <dwalker(at)iximd(dot)com>
To: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend trouble?
Date: 1999-09-08 00:25:55
Lists: pgsql-general

I recently compiled Postgresql 6.5.1 on a Sparc2 (running RedHat 6.0).
After installing the database binaries and doing an initdb I started the
service and everything looked peachy. When I run createdb it just hangs
forever. I can see a copy of postmaster running at 75% or 80% CPU util.
But the backend never seems to wake up and do the processing.
I compiled 6.5 on my x86 Intel box without a hitch. I was wondering if
anyone else had a problem with PostgreSql, Sparc, and Redhat?

Damond