Re: OSCon Update

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSCon Update
Date: 2004-04-09 16:27:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net (Robert Treat) would write:
> Don't know if anyone had noticed, but they have put up info on the
> PostgreSQL Track for OSCON.
>
> http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/29/track_postgresql.html
>
> I haven't given things a thorough look over yet, but I did notice
> that Joe Celko will be presenting (it's on the my$ql track of all
> places), which might be of interest to PostgreSQL users... in fact,
> Josh, do you know if we can get that tagged into our track as well?
> It doesn't conflict with anything in our track AFAICS.

That seems potentially pretty entertaining; Celko often pokes ridicule
on Usenet at usages of database systems that amount to using a
"sequential filesystem instead of a relational database."

I'll be very curious to hear what falls out of the MySQL track there;
it would not surprise me too much if they start deprecating MySQL in
favor of MaxDB.

Drawing Celko in would be consistent with that, and it would surely be
interesting to hear what he has to say. Also entertaining would be
C.J. Date, but that's another story...
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','acm.org').
http://cbbrowne.com/info/wp.html