Re: how to protect root access database

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to protect root access database
Date: 2005-08-13 13:48:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

> i have database with critical data (such patient information)
> how can i protect my database from root access
> because this host in company can access with root from many person
> (person who manage some service application on host but must not
> access this patient information)

The only way to be certain that system administrators cannot access
patient data is to encrypt the data before storing it in the database.

The book that most directly describes this approach to application
design is Peter Wayner's _Translucent Databases_; see also his web
site... <http://www.wayner.org/books/td/>
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/