Re: Hesitate to write this: can't get at postgres.org

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hesitate to write this: can't get at postgres.org
Date: 2003-09-28 19:03:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when bill-bell(at)bill-bell(dot)hamilton(dot)on(dot)ca (Bill Bell) would write:
> When I request
>
> http://www.postgresql.org
>
> all I get is a light grey line on a dark grey background and the HTML
> is correspondingly "uninformative".
>
> Tried looking a couple of days ago, thought it must just be some
> transient problem.
>
> Anybody know?

That doesn't seem consistent with what I see.

This report would be a lot more useful if you indicated additional
detail such as:
- At what time you tried accessing the site;
- What browser you were using;
- What your browser actually downloaded.

If I hit the site with Lynx, I don't get any colour at all, for
instance, but I do get reasonably "informative" HTML back.

I suspect that something may be broken with your network link, and
that THAT would cause the problem, but it is not totally clear.

Have you tried pinging it? When I do that, I hit site
"svr2.postgresql.org", at IP address 64.117.225.209. If you are
getting something radically different, that might help explain the
anomaly.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html