Re: Is `#!/bin/sh' configurable?

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is `#!/bin/sh' configurable?
Date: 2001-05-08 16:14:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il> writes:

> Hi.
>
> On some systems /bin/sh is not Burne Shell, e.g. /bin/sh is tcsh, but

*violent retching sounds*

IMHO, any system where /bin/sh doesn't point to an at-least-somewhat
Bourne-compatible shell is broken by definition... Who perpetrated
this atrocity?

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,