Re: Recursive queries

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recursive queries
Date: 2005-01-24 23:30:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoth tmp <skrald(at)amossen(dot)dk>:
> Are there any plans on implementing support for recursive queries in
> postgresql in the near future? If so: When?
>
> I can see there has been some discussion on the subject in the
> developer-group for quite some time ago, but aparently all thoughts
> of recursive queries has been stalled. :-(

Other things have headed higher in terms of urgency.

If someone volunteers to work on it, or if someone sponsors someone to
work on it, that would doubtless increase its priority for 8.1 or
such.

I'd love to see it; the syntax provides ways to make complex queries a
lot cleaner even if you're not recursing.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'gmail.com';
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/rdbms.html