Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Date: 2010-10-14 21:45:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Okay. I looked at the code and I have to admit that it seems awkward to
> have pg_dump left-joining everything against pg_depend and checking for
> NULLs. I wondered if there was a simpler way to go about it, perhaps
> using EXCEPT? No specific proposal though.

Thanks for your time and review!

The LEFT JOIN WHERE right IS NULL is the first thing that I though
about, if it looks ugly I'll rework the queries, ok.

> Maybe it would be worthwhile to split the parts that parse a file and
> execute from a file, and submit separately. It is obviously
> self-contained and serves a useful purpose on its own. It also forces
> you to think harder about renaming the parse function :-)

The cfparser code is extracted from xlog.c and I left it as-is, so the
function is till named parseRecoveryCommandFileLine. If cfparser has a
file name is ok, I could rename the function cfParseOneLine?

I'll send separate patches for that and pg_execute_from_file() then.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine