Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Date: 2010-10-20 15:33:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That is simply a horrid idea. Just make it specify EXTENSION.

Black magic it is, will remove in v7.

> Is there any sane use-case for the control file to not be named the same
> as the extension? It seems like that would accomplish little except to
> sow confusion.

The goal of the 3 variables EXTENSION, EXTVERSION, EXTCOMMENT is to
prepare the control file with 3 lines formatted variable = 'value'. If
you specify CONTROL instead, that should be the file name you're
providing directly.

It then grew up into being a directive to produce the right file set for
spi, but the simplest thing would be to hand prepare the files there. If
you agree with that, that's what I'll do in v7.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine