Re: Column aliases in WHERE clauses

From: Eden Cardim <eden(at)insoli(dot)de>
To: Mike Christensen <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Column aliases in WHERE clauses
Date: 2012-09-19 01:49:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Mike> No, I meant editors that auto-complete SQL statements for
Mike> you as you're typing them. Like Intellisense in Visual
Mike> Studio.

Mike> Obviously you wouldn't want to type "select " and then see a
Mike> list of every column in your database, since it doesn't know
Mike> what table you want yet.

Again, you can type "select" and the have the editor expand the whole
thing into "select _ from [cursor is now here]" and present you with a
list of tables for the autocomplete, then after you've selected the
table, it goes back to the field part of the query. I have emacs
rigged to do this with yasnippet, except that it relies on a
handwritten function, not intellisense. Point stands, easier done in a
single editor as opposed to changing the semantics of math.