Re: OID order = INSERT order?

From: Roland Roberts <roland(at)astrofoto(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OID order = INSERT order?
Date: 2002-09-24 14:42:02
Lists: pgsql-general

>> elein <elein(at)norcov(dot)com> writes:
>> > In 7.3b1, the oids of a row do not change on update according
>> > to my experiment. I had thought they did. Is this new with
>> > 7.3?

>> No, same as it ever was.

Elaine> OIDs only change if you drop from a table and then
Elaine> reinsert the data. Perhaps that is what you were thinking
Elaine> of?

Didn't they (appear to) change long ago in the dark ages when rows had
an epoch attached to them so you were never really updating anything?

roland
--
PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
Roland B. Roberts, PhD RL Enterprises