Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Date: 2010-10-20 14:19:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If the extensions manager is dependent on the assumption that a module's
> name matches the name of the directory it's built in

It is not. There's some magic for simple cases so that contrib mostly
"works" with no editing, but of course, that's only mostly.

The version Itakagi-San worked with had not a single change to the
contrib sources, I've only begun to change things there (in v6) with the
spi case, that now produces 5 extensions control files out of a single
Makefile, thanks to this single new line:

CONTROL = $(addsuffix .control, $(MODULES))

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine