Re: default_language

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: default_language
Date: 2010-01-24 21:20:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Please can we have "default_language"?

That sounds like something I could want to use someday.

> Or "language_path" so we can tell
> CREATE FUNCTION to try the languages in order? Or better still, try all
> the installed languages that the user has rights to in alphabetic
> order?

That sounds like something I will regret we have anyday. Like you make a
typo on your plpgsql function so PostgreSQL will try to see how it fits
as a plperl one ? No thanks.

I guess I'm misunderstanding the behavior you have in mind.

Regards,
--
dim