Re: Updates to the driver

From: Gunnar Rønning <gunnar(at)polygnosis(dot)com>
To: <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Cc: "'Ned Wolpert'" <ned(dot)wolpert(at)knowledgenet(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates to the driver
Date: 2001-11-01 03:30:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
* "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net> wrote:

| I have been wondering about the licensing issues of just including
| log4jme source into ours with the proper recognition of course.

I buy your reasoning about log4j.

I think the licensing issues should be OK, since the Apache license is
pretty similar to the pgsql license but you might want to check with the core
team.

There is no reason to reinvent logging, so if we could include and
adapt source code from the microedition of log4j that would be
great. If it is done right we might also be able to plug in the full
log4j as a replacement when deploying the driver. OTOH, there could be
some serious pitfalls here as well so we should probably keep everything
out of the org.apache.* namespace to avoid potential version conflicts.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar(at)polygnosis(dot)com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/